Did you know mold can start with just a modest amount of dampness or highly elevated humidity levels? Mold begins to grow in as little as 24 hours when moisture is present. In addition, mold can grow on all building materials, including drywall, paneling, wood, and carpeting causing lots of damage to your home as it grows.
What can you do to prevent mold growth this winter?
- Clean gutters and downspouts to prevent water from seeping into your basement or crawl space;
- Ensure the sub-pump is working properly;
- Fill any cracks in the foundation walls;
- Keep humidity levels in your home between 40%-60%;
- Fix any leaks in your roof, walls, and windows so that moisture does not settle in;
- Ensure your ventilation systems in your bathrooms are working properly;
If you see mold or if there is an earthy or musty smell, you should assume a mold problem exists. EnviroVantage offers many methods for the safe removal of mold. Plus, we’re available 24/7!