Manchester, NH – “Building on Hope” – Girls Inc. Facility
The Manchester Girls Center is housed in a 27-year old former church located at 340 Varney Street in Manchester that was in need of major renovations, repairs and cosmetic work. The center offers a wide variety of services and programs for girls, their families and community members. Each day approximately 100 at-risk girls attend the Manchester Girls Center and benefit from a program that handles challenging issues facing girls each day, ranging from personal safety, economic literacy, and media messages to health concerns.
Volunteering time and getting others to do the same, EnviroVantage was able to successfully turn this building into a warm, comforting home. EnviroVantage demolished roughly 200 linear feet of walls as well as a stage that is about 40 x 20 feet, free of charge. The girls are now enjoying their new home all because 250 individuals from the community were able to come together for this cause!
Bow, NH – “Create in 48? – Skylar’s Therapy Room
EnviroVantage joins Cobb Hill Construction for its first annual community service project, Create in 48-Skylar’s Therapy Room, a charity driven construction project for Skylar, a 7 year old Bow resident suffering from Asperger Syndrome (AS). EnviroVantage took the lead with the first stage of the project, demolition of the old porch. Next, Cobb Hill along with several like-minded local contractors constructed a 24′ x 16′ therapy room, expansive enough to house the special activity equipment so important to Skylar’s medical and developmental needs. The construction of this room, as well as the equipment it contains, will play an essential role in his continued path to a successful and productive life.
The total cost of the project was about $50,000 and all local contractors provided their time and labor at no cost and additional materials and labor services were donated through many local sources.
Corporate Giving & In-kind Donations
We take pride in our community and are happy to support the following organizations:
Associated Builders & Contractors – Numerous Sponsorships
Associated General Contractors – Numerous Sponsorships
Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital
Berwick Academy Parents Association
Better Business Bureau of Concord, NH – Fall 2008 TV Campaign
Better Business Bureau of Concord, NH – Spring 2009 TV Campaign
Child & Family Services – Concerts for the Cause Sponsor
Dover Baseball Donation
Epping Elementary School – “First Day” Donation
Epping Police Sponsor
Epping Youth Athletic Association – Major League (11-12 yr olds) 2008
Epping Youth Athletic Association – Major League (11-12 yr olds) 2009
Epping Youth Athletic Association – Softball
Exeter Chamber of Commerce
Gilbane Annual Charity Golf Tournament
Major Sponsor and Official Partner of UNH Wildcat Sports
New Hampshire Food Bank Charity
New Hampshire Healthcare Association
New Hampshire Institute of Art
New Hampshire Public Television
New Hampshire Public Radio
New Hampshire Special Olympics
NH Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
NH Police Association Donation
Oyster River Womenade – to raise money for local families or individuals during times of financial hardship
Oyster River Youth Association
Salvation Army – Adopt A Kettle Foundation
The Way Home – Lead Safe Renovation Workshop
The Way Home – The Great Wait Staff Challenge Fundraising Event
University of New Hampshire Scholarship Fund
Community Contributions By Individual Employees
- -Northeast Passage – assisting individuals with disabilities to water ski at sites in Barrington, NH and Merrimac, MA
- -Three Notch Century – As a support rider, Tonya assists a hand cyclist throughout this 100-mile bike ride. This event is the biggest fundraiser for Northeast Passage.
- -Wounded Warriors
- -Boys and Girls Club of Southern Maine, Alumni Association’s Board of Directors – members host the longest standing 5K road race in the country to raise scholarship funds for high school students
- -Portland Maine Council 101 of the Knights of Columbus – conducts food drives and donates food to local soup kitchens and food pantries; volunteers at Special Olympics events
- -Donations to: Salvation Army, Camp Sunshine, Special Olympics
- -Special Olympics, Winni Warriors: bowling, basketball, and track coach
- -Donations to High Hopes Foundation
- -NH Food Bank Donations
- -Sits on the Dover Zoning Board of Adjustments
- -Donates monthly to the Wounded Warriors fund
- -Coaching Director and the head coach of the Huskies Mini-Mite youth hockey program
- -Served as a coach in the Gilford Youth Baseball League from 1999 – 2006, Gilford Youth Soccer Program from 2001 – 2002, Gilford Girls Softball Program from 2001 – 2005, Gilford Schools Outreach Alpine Ski Program from 2000 – 2006
- -Member of Rotary International, local club – Gilford Rotary, member from 2002 – 2010, served on the board of directors from 2004 – 2008. Raised annual funds of $80k – $95k for local charities and international charity work including extensive work on eliminating polio worldwide and providing sanitary drinking water in 3rd world countries.
- -Served on the board of Friends of Gilford Eagles Football as a member from 2009 – 2012, Vice President from 2010 – 2012.